Friday, September 01, 2006

Strange Adventures and Apparitions #156

The Uncanny X-Men #156
“Pursuit!”
Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum


Synopsis
The X-Men and the Starjammers race against the clock to rescue Lilandra and Professor Xavier before the Earth itself is destroyed!

Rolling Commentary
Page 3. You know, I really would think that in the Marvel Universe, alien spacecrafts arriving over New York wouldn’t really be very uncommon.

Page 5. Yay! Ch’od’s back!

Page 7. See, that Admiral guy is all kinds of asshole. I told you he was behind it all.

Page 9. Man, the Shi’ar royal family is just seeping with evil, isn’t it?

Page 10. Now for the full origin of Corsair!

Page 11. D’Ken’s an asshole.

Pages 13 and 14. SPACE WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 15. Evil space whale controlled by the Brood, even! And you think Colossus is maybe a little pissed off?

Page 17. I totally want some of those shoes.

Page 19. Can Cyclops really tell Charles off like that?

Post Mortem
I can’t really figure out why, but for some reason this episode really just didn’t excite me at all. And it should have! Space Whale! Brood killing things! Secret origins! But I just couldn’t get into it. Maybe I’m just really tired or something, I’m honestly not sure.

The return of Ch’od makes me smile. And the pay off with the Admiral was good for me (even if his true intentions were super transparent to anyone who’s read enough comic books.) Yay for advancing the plot and stuff. It’s not a bad issue, I don’t think, I just wasn’t into it or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home