Saturday, July 01, 2006

This Issue! Things Get Worse! Wrap Up Time

If you ask most crazy super-comic book nerds (i.e. 45 year old virgins who live in their parent’s basements eating too many cheetos), this is the single best era of X-Men, ever. Luckily for me, and you fine people, I am not that crazy or that much of a comic book nerd. This volume of the X-Men has some excellent issues, and certainly some very emotional ones. But I’d hate to say that this was the absolute best, no matter what. Especially since I have a lot of Claremont’s run left to read.

Still, it’s been a good ride. About the only thing that would make it better is Magneto(!), and of course, if we had simply avoided Arcade. But whatever. Countdown time!

X-Men #120
X-Men #121
X-Men #122
X-Men #123
X-Men #124
X-Men Annual #3
X-Men #125
X-Men #126
X-Men #127
X-Men #128
X-Men #129
X-Men #130
X-Men #131
X-Men #132
X-Men #133
X-Men #134
X-Men #135

X-Men #136
X-Men #137
X-Men #138
X-Men Annual #4
X-Men #139
X-Men #140
X-Men #141
Uncanny X-Men #142
Uncanny X-Men #143
Uncanny X-Men #144

Good times for all. But when will Cyclops resolve his issues with the X-Men? What’s the Hellfire Club up to with Senator Kelly? Strange things are a-happening with the X-Men, when we have are next Essential X-Men Volume!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Nice reviews, I'd agree with you about the fact that this era doesn't exactly exemplify what the general conception of the X-Men is. There's very little human/mutant prejudice at issue and it's a lot more cosmic than you might expect. I like the Byrne era stuff, but it's by no means the best era of X-Men. That's still to come for you, though the next chunk of issues is a bit off.

And, you may have seen these linked off Barbelith, but here's all the reviews I did when I read through the Claremont run.

Keep reviewing, and maybe post each issue as you read it next time to spread out the goodness.

7/10/2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger The Amazing Justin Palm! said...

I suppose I could spread out some of them from the next volume, since you asked so nicely.

And yep, I read all of your reviews (have I mentioned my large amount of free time at work recently?) which helped inspire this little project of mine. So huzzah and such!

7/13/2006 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home