Saturday, July 01, 2006

This Issue! Things Get Worse! #134

The Uncanny X-Men #134
“Too Late, The Heroes!”
Chris Claremont and John Byrne


Synopsis
The X-Men make a break for it, but can they defeat Sebastian Shaw and his goons? And whose side is Jean really on?

Rolling Commentary
Oh look, it’s Cyclops. And he’s not dead. There’s a shocker. Meh. Nightcrawler over-reacted, I suppose.

Page 3. Drowned!?! Bah! You can’t stop the Wolverine that easilly, boys and girls!

Page 5. Hey, didn’t Wolverine use that line a couple months back? Well, as long as he trashes that guy, it’s okay with me.

Page 6. Okay, clearly, I’m a cynic, which is why I can thoroughly enjoy these comics while also making all these snide remarks. But seriously, Panel 4. How the hell does Cyclops have time enough to say all that in the middle of a fight?

Page 8. Yay for crazy referencing. Now I need to go find a copy of that book.

Page 9. Don’t mess with Colossus, people.

Page 12. Cyclops, Wolverine crept up on you like that because he’s a crazy ninja. It’s what ninjas do. Don’t be sad just because you’re not as cool or popular as he is.

Page 13. Oh, so that’s how he did it! Huh. Do we still have these in comics nowadays? I could see where they might come in handy.

Page 14. Hmm. Well, that’s Mastermind taken care of. Now things are going to get even worse, aren’t they?

Page 17. And… shit goes down. Crap.

Post Mortem
So obviously Jean’s gone all Dark Phoenix on us now, fair enough. I think I’ll deal with that next issue, when she actually starts doing stuff.

Despite being a total douche bag, I applaud Mastermind’s creative use of his powers. Disappearing in with the scenery, causing a crowd of people to see Cyclops attacking them, this is some good stuff.

So that mind control whatever that Emma created, are there more? Is Emma still such a brilliant and innovative engineer? Because I don’t think any of this has been referenced recently. Of course, back in Annual #3 Wolverine modified a superscience gizmo built by Tony freaking Stark, so I guess anything’s possible.

Wolverine’s still rockin’ it this issue, and we get the return of Beast as well, who apparently wasn’t very angry about getting abandoned at the Xavier Institute after just learning that Scott and co weren’t dead after all. I thought I’d remind everyone of just what happened last we saw him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home