Saturday, June 10, 2006

New X-Men? #110

All-New, All-Different X-Men #110

“The ‘X’-Sanction!”

Chris Claremont and Tony DeZuniga

Synopsis

On Moira’s last day with the Institute, the X-Men enjoy a fun filled day of leisure. Until they get trapped fighting a loser named Warhawk who’s locked them in the Danger Room and set it to “Kill”.

Rolling Commentary

Page 2. I can’t help but think maybe the “House Rules” should include “No powers”. And why the hell do the X-Men feel a need to wear there costumes while playing a freakin’ baseball game?

Page 5, I wonder what’s up with this Warhawk dude. I honestly don’t know much about him.

Page 13. Having Wolverine say “Punk, you just made my day.” Just made my day. And isn’t Captain America actually “the Ultimate Soldier”? Not this loser? I mean he’s caught them off guard, but that’s about it here.

Page 17: Jean’s back full time! Yay!

Post Mortem

First off, a big shout out to fill in artist Tony DeZuniga, for his lovely work here. I could be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure that Mr. DeZuniga is the first Philipino to break into mainstream American comics. Hurray for the Philippines!

As for the issue itself, meh. Nothing much really happens. Someone mysterious is gunning for the X-Men. Again. Fair enough. Jeanie’s back. Wolverine is really starting to act like a member of the team (aside from the occasional mean spirited thought about Cyclops), and Storm is “outed” regarding her claustrophobia. Also, huzzah for the Danger Room going crazy!

So, nothing much to write home about, but kind of fun nonetheless. Oh, and Moira leaving for a while, I guess. And I thought Lilandra was in this book...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home